BREAKING: Buhari’s Govt Faults CNN Report On Lekki Shootings, Threatens Action

He urged people with proof of the Lekki shootings to testify before the jury.
118
Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed During A vIrtual Meeting

An international media channel, CNN, has threatened to blacklist the Federal Government over its story on the alleged shooting by soldiers of #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki toll plaza on October 20, 2020.

The government characterized the study as "irresponsible journalism" by the international news media.

Lai Mohammed, Minister of Information and Culture, made this known today at a press conference in Abuja to discuss unresolved issues about the #EndSARS police reform protests that rocked the nation last month.

He described the incident as a "massacre without bodies" on October 20, 2020, maintaining that not a single body was produced or a single-family came out to say that their family member was killed at the Lekki tollgate.

The minister claimed that without verification, CNN relied on social media videos to generate its report.
Mohammed said,
"This should earn CNN a serious sanction for irresponsible reporting.

He also said the government stands by the testimony last Saturday of the 81 Military Intelligence Brigade Commander, Victoria Island, Lagos, Brig. Gen. Ahmed Taiwo, who told the Lagos State Government's Judicial Panel of Inquiry that blank bullets were fired at the toll gate.

He urged people with proof of the Lekki shootings to testify before the jury.

He also said that on social media, some "unscrupulous individuals," including celebrities, spread false news that aggravated the violence that followed the two-week protest.