BOSG Launches Rapid Response Team, to respond to insurgents attacks

By Madu Mohammed, Maiduguri

Followung recent attacks by Boko Haram insurgents on the highways, the Borno state government has launched a Rapid Responce Team and presentation of vehicles to security agencies and to nip in bud the attacks on Maiduguri Jos road and Maiduguri Damboa road as well as other attack’s

While launching the Operation and presenting the vehicles to the security agencies in the state at the Shehu’s Palace. Maiduguri on Friday. Governor Babagana Umara Zulum said ” the primary responsibility of any government is the protection of live and property, I therefore reaffirm the commitment of my adminstration to ensure that uphold what I sworn in to protect. Security is the main thrust of my administration ”

” in the new year 2020, I want to reaffirm our determination to ensure all IDP camps in Maiduguri are closed.. We will do everything possible to ensure that there is no further displacement of our people”, Governor Zulim said.

While commending President Muhammadu Buhari for approving the construction of 10,000 houses in Borno”, Zulum said I want to commend President Buhari for approving the construction of 10,000 houses and his directive to the ministry of finance to release the fund to that regard, the Borno state government is also going build more houses in 2020 to enable our people go back home”.

Today this event is the launching of 70 vehicles to strengthen our security outfit. 16 vehicles are to manned Maiduguri Damboa road. 15 vehicles to manned Maiduguri Jos roads, 15 to hunters 17 police, and other to go to NSCDC, DSS and other security agencies, as will be determine by the state commissioner for Justice, who is also member of the security council,” Prof. Zulum said.

He assured the military and other security agencies in the state of his administration support to end insurgency and other crimes..

Earlier in his welcome address, the Borno state Attorney General and commissioner for justice, Barrister KakaShehu Lawan said ” provision of adequate security of lives and property, as well as welfare of citizens shall be the main responsibility of government, as such this morning we are lsuncing a Rapid response team to nip in bud the bud the renewed attack and end insurgency”

In his vote of thanks, the Borno state commissioner for Local government and Emirate Affairs. Hon. Sugum Mai Male thanked the governor for the initiatives and the military and other security operatives for their sacrifices.

” This is not the first time the governor is assisting the sevurity agencies in the state since. he came on.board he has been supporting the CJTF, the hunters and other security operatives with vehicles and other logistics , the state government through the local government areas has engaged over 5,000 hunters and CJTF and pay their allawances regularly in addition ptheir to supporting them with working tools”, he added.

 

Click Source

قالب وردپرس

If you appreciated this article, perhaps you might consider making a donation to The Gazette Nigeria. Our contributors and editors are unpaid but there are inevitable costs associated with running a website. We receive no independent funding and depend on our readers to help us, either with regular or one-off payments. You can donate here. Thank you.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here