BREAKING: The Strike by Resident Doctors has been called Off
Remember that physicians went on strike in August after a dispute with the federal government over several outstanding concerns.
However, NARD president Godiya Ishaya said in a statement that the continuing strike has been formally called off.
According to him, the organization also requested NOC to update the NMA's National Executive Council on the progress made in executing the memorandum of agreement on a regular basis.
â€œWeâ€™ve officially suspended the strike to resume at 8:00 am on Wednesday. We made the decision in the wee hours of today.
â€We held an emergency meeting from 5:30 pm on Sunday to the morning hours of today, and the NEC decided that having reviewed the progress made so far, the strike should be suspended,â€ he said.