England National Team player and defender on the English Premier League side, Kyle Walker, regretted his acts that breach the lockdown order of Coronavirus (COVID-19) after he allegedly hosts a 'sex party' at his house.
The Manchester City player was said to have held a party in his flat, discovering Naija News with one of his allies alongside two other ladies.
However, many condemned the suspected 'sexy group' given that the player had previously advised his social media followers to adhere to the lockdown rules of COVID-19, as directed by the government and also advised by health agencies.
The Gazette Nigeria understands Walker was having the party at his flat in Cheshire on Tuesday night.
Meanwhile, he had tweeted this earlier: “Please, everyone stay home, look after one another through this difficult time and check in on loved ones but don’t visit them,” said Walker while advising his Twitter followers.
Walker has tendered his apologies and regretted his actions according to a UK Sun story.
“I want to take this opportunity to issue a public apology for the choices I made last week,” said Walker, UK Sun report.
“I understand that my position as a professional footballer brings the responsibility of being a role model.
“As such, I want to apologise to my family, friends, football club, supporters, and the public for letting them down.
“There are heroes out there, making a vital difference to society at the moment, and I have been keen to help support and highlight their incredible sacrifices and life-saving work over the past week.
“My actions are in direct contrast to what I should have been doing regarding the lockdown.”
In response to Walker's COVID-19 lockout breach, Manchester City on their part has said an internal disciplinary action will be taken on the player at the appropriate time.
The party affirmed: We are disappointed to hear the allegations, note Kyle’s swift statement and apology, and will be conducting an internal disciplinary procedure in the coming days.”