Gospel Sensation, Ben Lee pens down a list of Advice to the Adamawa State Governor-elect, Ahmadu Fintiri of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP.
Dear Ahmadu Fintiri,
This is my first time of writing an open letter to a public figure and it is just because I want to see you succeed and subsequently go down in history as the best governor of the state.
We have struggled as a state to keep up with development but to no avail. This is consequential on the fact that our past leaders did not do their homework very well. So on this note I want to draw your attention to the following issues that will contribute immensely in building the state.
- When you take over power, please I urge you to avoid using the same old politicians that participated in retarding the growth of our dear state. It will be like doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
- Get the best young minds in the state that are full of passion for a positive transformation in the state, capable hands that will talk and do just like you.
- Do not retain ineffective leaders in your cabinet because their lack of leadership ability will rub-off on you. Set annual performance objectives (inline with the budget of the state) for all appointed public officials and evaluate them annually, if they don’t meet up with expectations then they should be asked to throw in the towel.
- I was shocked when I learnt that government has the department of Monitoring and Evaluation. If this department does exist and is functional then why do we record thousands of abandoned projects? What are they monitoring and to whom do they submit the results of their activities? This must be tackled too.
- Do not underestimate the power of technology in this era, but rather utilise it to the fullest to achieve the desired result. Digitalise the state and all government workers should have an official email address for easy communication. This transition will not be easy but we cannot remain analog in the face of a digital world. Lay the foundation today sir.
- Creating employment should be of paramount importance to your administration sir. Job creation today has been made easy through diverse approaches. Provide grants for youths who have feasible business ideas to start up their business instead of appointing special advisers who will earn money from doing nothing. By doing this you will be curbing insecurity too.
- Workers salary being paid at the end of the month is appreciated more than you can ever imagined.
- Have your own personal social media account, we want to get in touch with you and also get some information straight from your page and not through your media director.
- Once again do not recycle old politicians.
- Work with zero tolerance for incompetence.
I pray you read this.
SOMEBODY SHOULD FORWARD IT TO HIM
I wish you the best of luck as you lead Adamawa State to a greater destiny.
God bless Nigeria
God bless Adamawa
God bless Ahmadu Fintiri