Latest ECOWAS July 2021 RecruitmentApplications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Recruitment at Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
its role in promoting democracy and stability in Africa generally, and particularly in West Africa; it's increasing influence on the international scene; its weight in the war against poverty; its central position in the management of migration flows; its the tradition of tolerance and openness, which deserves being supported and protected.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Recruitment at Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND â€“ MBA/MSC/MA
- We offer the post of Accounts Clerk. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Secretary.
- This a job function may be changed per the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function, the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant Head of Section.
- The candidate, Local Agent LA3 will work full
time (37.5 hours weekly) in a multicultural and multinational
the environment at the premises of the EU Delegation in Abuja, Nigeria.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under the Nigerian labour law;
- Satisfactory knowledge of English
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree or Higher National Diploma in a relevant field (Accountancy, Finance or Business Administration) and a minimum of 3 years of work experience in performing in accountancy and/or financial & budgetary duties, requiring a measure of initiative and/or sense of responsibility.
- We expect a candidate with deep understanding and experience accountancy in the processing of financial and administrative documents, a high level of personal integrity, able to work under strict deadlines, and able to cope with a significant workload such as;
- Liaise with the Delegationâ€™s bank and monitor its bank account;
- Encode invoices into the Delegationâ€™s accounting system and record financial data in appropriate software;
- Execute accounting transactions and follow-up outstanding and non-executed transactions;
- Make sure that financial, budgetary, and contractual rules, procedures, and deadlines are respected;
- Follow the consumption of commitment and payment credits;
- Assist in the preparation of reporting to the Headquarters;
- Assist in the preparation, finalization, and follow-up of the yearly budget;
- Assist in procurement procedures;
- Participate in the creation and optimization of relevant accounting tools;
- Follow up, adjust and verify the execution of the authorized budget, in compliance with the financial regulations;
- Contribute to the preparation of budgetary documents and reports;
- Provide information and participate in presentations on financial and budgetary procedures;
- Encoding of travel Invoices in MIPS
- Responding to Ex Post Control request
- Proper handling of Exception/Non-Compliance Notes
- Attending to Suppliers/Contractors on payments and on Legal Entity and Bank Account information
- Encoding LEF/BAF of third parties in the ABAC Workflow;
- Act as back-up to the Accountant for any other tasks as delegated by the section coordinator.
The following will be considered an asset:
- Knowledge of French
- Masterâ€™s Degree or equivalent in a relevant field (Accountancy, Finance or Business Administration)
- Thorough knowledge of financial, budgetary, and contractual rules, procedures, and previous experience in a diplomatic mission or international organization
- Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Office and good control of Excel, ability to handle statistical data
- Self-motivated, proactive, ability to work in a multicultural environment, both in the team and/or alone, respect for deadlines, ability to deal with stressful situations, work under tight deadlines, and perform well under pressure.
- We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as a pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- The gross basic salary will be raised per the current salary scale, depending on years of relevant professional experience, starting from NGN611,861.
How to Apply
Important Information and Notice
- Applications should consist of a letter explaining your interest and suitability for this position and your Curriculum Vitae (2 pages maximum). Email to the attention of the â€œHead of Administrationâ€ should be sent by email to the above-stated email address.
- The application should clearly state the title of the post â€œAccount Clerk â€“ e-Del-HRM No 105376 and Sysper 2 No 355141â€.
- After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a shortlist of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for this post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting document.
- The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase, which is a written test, followed by interviews. During this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
- The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will inform the remaining candidates by email, once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
- The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications received after the deadline stated below or not conform to these instructions will be automatically rejected.